We take the security of your information seriously and are committed to ensuring that you understand the information we hold about you, and what we do with it. Microdata for Joomla is part of the Virya Group which includes Virya Technologies and Virya Software.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal information:
- information about your computer and visits to this website which may include your IP address, location, information about your browser, information about your operating system, the referral source for your visit, how long you visited the site for, how many pages you browsed, how you navigated through the site, and whether you shared pages on social networks.
- information relating to transactions between yourself and this website including information about any purchases you may make
- information you provide to us for the purposes of registering to use this site, including your name, address, email address, business information, and VAT number
- information you provide us to subscribe to our newsletter, including your name and email address
- any other information you choose to send us - for example in managing support tickets
A cookie is a small file which is stored on your computer when you visit a website. It contains information about your interaction with that website, which is usually stored in letters and numbers. We use some cookies which are essential to the process of using our website - such as the session cookie - and we use some cookies which help us to provide a better user experience by looking at how our visitors use the website and customising their experiences. Some cookies will be removed when you close your browser, but other cookies may stay on your computer for longer.
We use the session cookie to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; allow you to purchase items; prevent fraud and increase website security.
We use the longer lasting cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit and to know which pages you have previously visited
More information can be found on our cookies page, including the option to selectively un-set some of the cookies we use.
We use Google Analytics to monitor visits to our site - you can read more information about what Google do with this information at http://www.google.com/privacypolicy.html.
Using your personal information
Personal information that is provided through this website will be used for the purposes stated in this policy or elsewhere on the website. Your information may be used to:
- manage the website
- personalise the website to your own preferences
- enable you to make use of services on this website
- supply services that you purchase through the website
- send you invoices and information about your account
- send you general communication
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send you marketing communications (through our newsletter) relating to our business which we think you might be interested in by email (you can opt-out at any point by clicking on the link in the footer of any emails)
- provide third parties with anonymised statistical information about our users
- deal with enquiries or complaints made by you about the website and/or our services
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions of using this website
We will not, without your express consent, provide your details to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition we may disclose your personal information:
- when required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal procedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser or perpsective purchaser of any business or asset we are (or intend to be) selling
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
Except as provided herewith we will not disclose personal infomation to third parties.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area in which case a safe harbour agreement will be in place.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and we put in place organisational and technical precautions to ensure that your information is safe and to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. We store all the information you provide on secure, password and firewall protected servers run and managed by Virya Technologies.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website) and we cannot tell you what your password is as they are stored in an encrypted format.
Changes to this policy
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you at any time. Such information will be subject to:
- The payment of a fee, currently set at £10
- The supply of appropriate evidence to confirm your identity - a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank in conjunction with an original copy of a household utility bill showing your name and address
We may withold such personal information to the extend permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes by opting out of our newsletter using the unsubscribe feature at the bottom of each email.
Third party websites
This website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or practices.
We are a registered data controller, our number is Z2279204